Lemon Herb Chicken Bake Recipe
1 hr 10 mins
- Roasted Vegetables
- 1 pound baby carrots OR whole carrots peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick, diagonally
- 2 pound s asparagus, tough ends removed
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- Bread Crumb Topping
- 1 cup Italian flavored panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup white wine OR water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Mazola® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh dillweed
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- 6 cups cooked brown OR white rice
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Step 1) Place one oven rack in the lower third of oven and another in the upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Step 2) Line a rimmed 15 x 11-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place carrots and asparagus spears on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- Step 3) Combine bread crumb topping ingredients in a bowl, stirring until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Step 4) Whisk oil, sour cream, wine, lemon juice, lemon peel, bouillon powder, garlic, salt, pepper and herbs in a medium mixing bowl until well combined. Mix 1/4 cup lemon sauce with cooked rice; set remaining lemon sauce aside.
- Step 5) Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour rice mixture into pan and spread evenly; top rice with chicken breasts. Pour remaining sauce on top of chicken, sprinkle with panko crumbs.
- Step 6) Place chicken and rice on lower oven rack; bake for 10 minutes. Place pan of vegetables on the top rack and roast vegetables for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Remove vegetables and sprinkle with squeeze of fresh lemon juice and cracked black pepper, if desired. Chicken should now be cooked through and bread crumbs crisp and golden brown. If chicken needs more time to finish baking, cover vegetables with foil to keep warm.
- Step 7) To serve, arrange chicken and rice on a large serving platter. Place roasted vegetables along the sides of the chicken and rice. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired and serve immediately.
- Recipe Tip: Try using frozen, thawed precooked brown or white rice to save time.