Grilled Hanger Steak with Fresh Herb and Walnut Sauce
4 to 6
Fresh Herb and Walnut Sauce
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon small capers, drained
- 2 whole flat anchovies, minced (or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup Mazola® Corn Oil
Grilled Hanger Steak
- 2-½ pounds hanger steak, trimmed (also called fajita steak or skirt steak)
- Additional Mazola® Corn Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine walnuts, parsley, onions, rosemary, oregano, garlic, capers, anchovies, lemon juice and oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Brush the steaks with a little additional corn oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-high heat to desired doneness; about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer cooked meat to a cutting board and thinly slice across the grain. Drizzle sliced steak with sauce and serve immediately.