Chicken with Dried Cherries and Vanilla Sauce
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped, dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pure vanilla extract
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- Combine cherries and vanilla extract in a small bowl; soak for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each breast. Stuff about 1 to 2 tablespoons marinated cherries into each pocket reserving remaining cherries and vanilla for the sauce. Secure each pocket with a wooden pick to close. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat corn oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook additional 4 to 5 minutes to brown other side. Sprinkle chicken with rosemary. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is at least 170°F.
- Remove chicken to serving dish and remove picks. Place skillet over medium-high heat. Pour wine into skillet, scraping the bottom to deglaze. Add butter and reserved cherries and vanilla. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve with chicken.