Nutty Brownie Bites
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup favorite chocolate chips (white, semi-sweet OR dark)
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Stir cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside. Combine eggs, sugars, oil, butter and vanilla in a large bowl; blend with a wire whisk until smooth. Gradually stir in flour mixture, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges just begin to pull away from sides of pan. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely on wire rack.
- HEART HEALTHY BROWNIE VARIATION: To reduce calories and saturated fat, substitute 2 egg whites for one of the eggs (or 4 egg whites for both eggs), and use 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil instead of the butter and 1/4 cup corn oil. Omit chocolate chips.