Ancho Chipotle Pork Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 pound pork butt, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin seed
- 1-1/2 cup water
- Step 1) Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork and cook until pieces are nicely browned on all sides. Add onions, poblano pepper and garlic. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are softened. Stir in brown sugar, ancho chile, chipotle chile and cumin. Cook an additonal 2 minutes. Add water.
- Step 2) Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer on medium low 30 to 35 minutes or until pork shreds easily and most of the liquid has evaporated.