Grilled Avocado with Fresh Salsa Recipe
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 avocados
- 4 plum tomatoes, cored and seeded
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chips OR fresh vegetables
- Step 1) Cut lime in half, squeeze 1 tablespoon juice and set aside.
- Step 2) Combine oil, lime juice, garlic powder and paprika in a small bowl. Cut avocados in half, remove pit but not peel. Cut jalapeno in half and remove seeds. Brush cut sides of avocados, jalapeno and remaining lime with flavored oil.
- Step 3) Place cut sides down on grill over medium direct heat. Grill for 2 to 4 minutes until avocados, jalapenos and lime are lightly browned, brushing with any remaining flavored oil. Remove all to a tray. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Step 4) Place avocados on a serving tray. Chop jalapenos and tomatoes and place in bowl. Add green onions, cilantro and salt. Squeeze lime juice from grilled lime over salsa. Mix well. Portion into avocados and drizzle any additional salsa on the platter. Refrigerate until ready to serve with baked tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.