Mushroom and Spinach Cannelloni Recipe
1 hr 5 mins
- Mushroom and Spinach Filling
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 (8 ounce) container sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Step 1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Step 2) Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add shallots and sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Add remaining oil and mushrooms. Sauté an additional 5 to 7 minutes. Season with thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add sherry.
- Step 3) Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and Dijon mustard; cool. Process mushroom/spinach mixture in food processor to a fine mince; set aside.
- Step 4) Heat water in a large stockpot to a rolling boil. Add lasagna sheets and boil for 3 minutes. Remove lasagna sheets carefully from stockpot and place immediately in a bowl of ice water to cool down.
- Step 5) Stir together marinara sauce and ricotta cheese; set aside.
- Step 6) Remove lasagna sheets from ice water and pat dry with paper toweling. Cut each sheet in half creating 12 squares.
- To Assemble:
- Step 1) Spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish prepared with nonstick cooking spray. Place approximately 1 tablespoon mushroom spinach filling on one pasta square. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining filling and lasagna squares.
- Step 2) Sprinkle any remaining mushroom/spinach mixture over top of cannelloni. Pour remaining sauce over cannelloni; bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.