Italian Roast Pork with Rosemary Rub Recipe
6 to 8 servings
2 hrs 15 mins
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground salt
- 1 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 3/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 to 4 pound pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 8 ounces carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced lengthwise
- Freshly grated peel and juice from 1 fresh orange
- Italian flat-leaf parsley, optional
- Step 1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Step 2) Combine rub ingredients in a medium size bowl and stir well. Remove 1/4 cup to a separate bowl,cover and set aside.
- Step 3) Place roast in a large dutch oven or roasting pan. Coat thoroughly with half of the rosemary rub.
- Step 4) Add potatoes, carrots and onions to the remaining corn oil and toss to coat. Pour potato and carrot mixture into roasting pan with pork roast. Cover and place in oven for 45 minutes.
- Step 5) Remove lid, drizzle roast and vegetables with orange juice and peel and continue roasting for 45 to 60 minutes, or until top is browned and pork is cooked through.
- Step 6) Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer roast to a cutting board and slice across grain into 1-inch thick slices.
- Step 7) Drizzle sliced pork with reserved 1/4 cup of the rub, garnish with sprigs of Italian flat-parsley, if desired, and serve with roasted potatoes and carrots.