Bistek a la Mexicana Recipe
- 2 pounds thinly-sliced beef chuck steak
- 7 serrano peppers, divided
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- Mazola® Corn Oil
- Steak seasoning
- Step 1) Add 2 Roma tomatoes, 2 serranos, 2 garlic cloves, cilantro, and 8 ounces of water to a blender.
- Step 2) Add salt and blend until smooth.
- Step 3) Cut the beef, onions, 5 serrano peppers, and 2 Roma tomatoes into strips.
- Step 4) Add Mazola® Corn Oil to a preheated pan at medium high heat. Add meat to pan, use your favorite steak seasoning and cook until most of juice has evaporated.
- Step 5) Add onions to the beef, stir and cook for a couple minutes. Continue same process with the serranos and then the tomatoes.
- Step 6) Add your sauce and mix with ingredients. Let it come to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Serve your bistek with your favorite Mexican side dish such as rice, beans or both.
- Recipe by Tony & Maribel Ruelas @Tony_and_Maribel