Vegan Tandoori Tofu Tikka
- For the Marinade:
- ½ cup vegan, yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili, powder
- 2 teaspoons tandoori, masala
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Press the tofu in kitchen towels and place a heavy weight on it to remove excess moisture. Set aside while preparing the marinade.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the marinade. Mix well.
- Dip tofu and peppers in the marinade and coat evenly.
- Heat the grill and cook for 7-10 minutes until the sides begin to char.
- Remove from the grill and serve with sliced onion, chutney and ketchup. Wrap in a naan or serve along with some saffron rice.
- Notes: • Use super firm tofu to avoid crumbling. Press it between paper towels before using to remove extra moisture. • Greek yogurt substitute works best for the recipe. If using regular yogurt, drain in a muslin cloth set in a strainer before using. • The recipe doesn't need a lot of marinating time. If desired, the marinated tofu can be refrigerated overnight before grilling. • Use fresh vegetables if you like. Peppers, onions, corn, broccoli and cauliflower all work well with the tofu.
- By Smruti Ashar of herbivorecucina.blogspot.com