California Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
4 to 6 servings
- 6 cups torn Bibb (Boston) lettuce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced grilled chicken
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 hard cooked eggs, quart ered
- 2 small avocados, sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black or green olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup orange segments OR blood orange segments
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- Citrus Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup Onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and stir well to combine; set aside.
- Arrange lettuce and spinach on large serving platter. Top with layers of remaining salad ingredients. Serve immediately with vinaigrette.
- Serving Suggestion: Grilled hanger steak slices or shrimp in place of chicken are also great for this hearty main dish salad.