Creamy Chicken Dijon
- 1-1/2 pound s (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- Chopped parsley
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels; cut each breast into 2 to 3 pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place half of the chicken in Dutch oven and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned. Remove chicken to platter and repeat with remaining chicken. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan.
- Add leeks and garlic and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil stirring well to scrape any browned bits from bottom of pan. Add chicken back to the Dutch oven; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix half and half and corn starch together; add to Dutch oven along with Dijon mustard and thyme. Stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and let sit 3 minutes. Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with chopped, fresh parsley. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.