Vanilla Sugar Cookies Recipe
4 to 6 dozen cookies
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- As needed Mazola® No-Stick Canola or Butter Flavored Cooking Spray
- Step 1) Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, until light and fluffy. Beat in oil, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Step 2) Shape dough into 2 balls; wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Step 3) Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Step 4) Roll dough 1/4-inch thick on floured work surface. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes; place on cookie sheets and sprinkle with sugar. OR form dough into 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheets. Flatten balls with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Step 5) Bake 6 to 7 minutes for soft cookies OR 9 to 10 minutes (and golden around edges) for crispy cookies. Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on racks. Decorate as desired.