- 2 medium onions, peeled and cut in large chunks
- 2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut in large chunks
- 2 green pepper (cubanelle, anaheim)
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 medium plum tomato, cubed
- 1 cup cilantro loosely packed with stems
- 1 cup olives, green
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, fine grind
- Step 1) In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil, onions, peppers, garlic, salt and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Step 2) Combine cooled vegetable mix, cilantro, oregano, tomato, green olives and black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Step 3) Serve as a table condiment or as ingredient for seasoning Puerto Rican recipes.
- Recipe Tip: Sofrito can be frozen in a resealable plastic bag or ice cube trays for future use.