7 cups granola, approximately
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seed kernels
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (optional)
- 1/2 cup corn syrup, light
- 1/4 cup dark OR light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet OR dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine oats, crispy rice cereal, pecans, sunflower seeds and wheat germ, if desired, in a large bowl.
- Blend corn syrup, brown sugar, chocolate chips and oil in a small, microwave-safe container. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over oat mixture; mix until well combined. Spread evenly on a large lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, stirring at least once during cooking. Cool completely on pan; break into pieces and store in airtight container.
- Recipe Note: Adjust amounts of pecans and sunflower seeds to suit your taste.