Grilled Salmon with Black Olive Tapenade
4 to 6 servings
- 1 cup good quality black olives (such as dry cured or Kalamata), pitted
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove fresh garlic, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2–2-½ pounds whole salmon fillet
- Fresh lemon, sliced
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place olives, corn oil, capers, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor or blender; pulse until finely chopped. Do not puree! Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Line baking sheet with heavy duty foil; brush foil lightly with corn oil. Place salmon, skin side down, on foil and spread tapenade evenly over the surface of the salmon.
- Slide foil onto grill and cook over indirect heat, with lid closed, for 20 to 30 minutes. Salmon is done when when firm in the center and internal temperature is at least 150°F. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with lemon slices.
- Recipe Tip: Salmon may also be baked in a 400°F oven.