Sweet and Spicy Salmon with Grapefruit Salsa
- Sweet and Spicy Rub
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 pound (500g) salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- Grapefruit Salsa
- 2 cups (19.5 ounce jar ) grapefruit sections OR 3 fresh grapefruits peeled and sectioned
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt, oregano, thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper and brown sugar in a small bowl.
Cut salmon into 4 portions and brush with oil. Distribute the rub over the salmon generously coating all surfaces. Place salmon on a shallow baking pan with sides.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
Coarsely chop grapefruit into bite size pieces. Combine all salsa ingredients and serve with salmon. Grapefruit salsa can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.