Double Dipped Caramel Apples
- 6 medium apples
- 6 wooden sticks
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramel can dies, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup corn syrup, light
- OR corn syrup, dark
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside. Wash and dry apples; insert stick into stem end.
- Microwave caramels and corn syrup on HIGH (100%) in a small, deep microwave-safe bowl for 2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring once during cooking time.
- Dip apples in hot caramel mixture turning to coat well. Allow caramel to drip from apples for a few seconds, then scrape excess caramel from bottoms of apples. Dip bottoms of apples into walnuts, turning to coat. Place dipped apples in prepared pan.
- Melt chocolate and corn oil in a small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%)for 1 to 2 minutes; stir until melted and of drizzling consistency. Hold apple by stick and drizzle with chocolate.
- Chill apples for 10 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Wrap apples individually if desired; store in refrigerator.
- Halloween variation: After dipping apples in caramel dip bottoms in seasonal Halloween candy such as candy corn, candy coated chocolate pieces, candy coated peanut butter candies, etc. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.