Green Rice (Arroz Verde)
- 1 large poblano chile pepper, roasted
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 green onions cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup medium grain rice, rinsed and well drained*
- Puree chile, cilantro, parsley, onion, garlic, bouillon powder and water in blender. Heat oil over medium-high heat, add rice and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly golden in color. Stir in puree; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and serve immediately.
- Recipe Tip: Roast chili pepper using metal tongs over gas flame, grill or stove burner. The goal is to char or burn the outer skin of the pepper, using the tongs to turn pepper until all sides are charred. Cover charred pepper until cool enough to handle. Rinse under cool water to remove charred skin, seeds and veins.
- *If using enriched rice, do not rinse.