- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound /500 g)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cooked linguine (optional)
- Pound chicken pieces to 1/4-inch thickness (place between 2 sheets of waxed paper).
- Combine flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken; coat with flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes, or until done, turning once. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and mushrooms to skillet. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Mix corn starch, wine, chicken broth, basil and onion powder until well blended; add to mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken and sauce over linguine, if desired.