Chicken Adobo with Grilled Shishito and Aji Dulces
1 hr 40 mins
- 2 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 20 garlic cloves
- ½ to ⅓ cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 300 mL rice vinegar
- 150 mL soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 bay leaves
- 120 mL water
- 1 tablespoon rocoto chili paste
- 1 handful cilantro
- Crush the garlic cloves and add to a bowl together with the rice vinegar, soy sauce, black peppercorns, sugar, bay leaves, water, Mazola® Corn Oil, and the rocoto chili paste.
- Mix together and add marinade to the chicken. Cover and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge one to two hours before cooking.
- Place the chicken on the grill for about ten minutes per side and then set aside. When ready to cook, heat your grill to medium-high.
- In a hot pan heated over high heat, pour the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken to the pan covering all areas.
- Reduce the temperature of the grill to the low and put the chicken back on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 35 minutes.
- Brush all the chicken with the sauce and leave on the grill for another 15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and brush it with the sauce one last time, top with the cilantro to finish.
- Recipe by Chef Yisus @chefyisus