Chocolate Zucchini Cake
12 to 15 servings
- As needed Mazola® No-Stick Canola or Butter Flavored Cooking Spray
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 6 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat oil, butter and sugar until smooth in a large bowl with mixer at medium speed. Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; blend well. Blend in flour mixture; fold in zucchini and walnuts, if desired.
- Spread batter in prepared pan; sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.