Asian Noodles with Crusted Chicken and Ginger Sauce
6 to 8 servings
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon whole white sesame seed
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup whole white sesame seed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 8 ounces capellini pasta cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded carrots
Combine green onions, ginger, corn oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, minced garlic, minced onion, sesame seeds and salt in a small bowl; let rest 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature.
Meanwhile, pound chicken breasts, one at a time, until about 1/2-inch thick. Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Combine sesame seeds and onion salt in a shallow bowl. Coat chicken breasts with sesame seed mixture.
Heat 2 tablespoons corn oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Transfer chicken breasts to pan and cook about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Pour sauce over warm pasta and carrots. Toss until thoroughly coated and top with cooked chicken. Serve immediately.
Recipe Tip: This recipe also works well using whole wheat capellini.