Eggs in Salsa
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ an onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 cups of water (to cook tomatoes)
- 5 guajillo chiles
- Pinch of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of salt (for the salsa)
- 1 cup of water (to blend the salsa)
- 2 tablespoons of Mazola® Corn Oil
- 8–10 eggs
- ½ teaspoon of salt (for the eggs)
- Place the tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a stock pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and immediately turn the heat off.
- Remove stems and seeds from the dried chiles.
- Add the chiles to the stock pot and let sit in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Blend rehydrated chiles with tomatoes, garlic, onion, oregano, and salt.
- Heat Mazola® Corn Oil in a large skillet.
- Strain the sauce into the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and season with ½ teaspoon salt.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil, add the eggs, and cook until almost done.
- Break up slightly. Gently folding them in.
- Add the sauce and mix to combine.
- Let cook together for 2–3 minutes.
- Serve with beans.