Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
5 dozen cookies
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy OR chunky
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups bittersweet OR white chocolate chips (optional)
- Step 1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Step 2) Beat peanut butter and butter in a large bowl with mixer at medium speed until smooth; beat in oil. Beat in brown sugar and sugar until blended, then eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and chocolate chips, if desired.
- Step 3) Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with fork dipped in sugar, making crisscross pattern.
- Step 4) Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to cool completely on wire rack. Store in tightly-covered container.