Iceberg Wedge with Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing Recupe
- Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon Mazola® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1 cup (5 to 6 ounces) crumbled strong blue cheese, such as Maytag
- Iceberg Wedge Salad
- 2 heads firm, fresh iceberg lettuce (each cored, halved lengthwise and quart ered
- 1-1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes OR grape tomatoes halved lenthwise
- 4 hard cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced bacon bits
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- Additional crumbled blue cheese for garnishing
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Puree until very smooth scraping sides as needed; about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- To assemble wedge salads, drizzle each lettuce wedge with 2 to 3 tablespoons of dressing. Top with diced tomatoes, chopped egg, bacon bits, green onion and crumbled blue cheese. Serve immediately.
- Serving suggestions: For chunky dressing, reserve half of the blue cheese, crumble and stir in after the dressing has been pureed. Try stirring in a few drops of hot sauce for extra zip.