Pollo al Chipotle (Chipotle Chicken)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 can ned chipotles in adobo sauce, with some of their sauce
- 1 cup Mexican crema or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off excess. Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet, add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and saute the onion until transparent. Add the chipotle chiles, cream and broth, stirring to combine all ingredients well. (For a more "picante" taste, more of the sauce from the canned chipotles can be added.)
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan and cook over low heat until heated through and no longer pink in the center. Serve with noodles, rice, or vegetables.