South of the Border Pasta Salad with Cilantro Pesto Recipe
4 to 6 servings
- Cilantro Pesto
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed cilantro
- 1/4 cup pine nuts OR almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan OR Cojito cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces penne, fusilli OR rotini pasta, cooked and drained (about 4 cups cooked pasta)
- 1-1/2 cups diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups thawed, frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- Optional garnish: shredded Parmesan OR Cojito cheese, cilantro
- Step 1) Combine cilantro, nuts and garlic in a blender or food processor; pulse 3 times to chop. Add cheese, cumin, chili powder and corn oil; process until smooth.
- Step 2) Place pasta in a large bowl and mix well with pesto. Add red bell peppers, corn, black beans and onions; toss to mix. Garnish with additional cheese and cilantro, if desired.
- Recipe tip: try stirring in sliced grilled chicken.