Mexican Street Corn Recipe
1 hr 15 mins
- 6 ears of corn (husked and all silk removed)
- Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 teaspoons of chipotle chili powder
- ¼–⅓ cup of cotija cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- 2 limes (juiced)
Mexican cream sauce:
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 lime (juiced)
- ¼ teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Step 1) Place each corn cob on a piece of foil. Brush Mazola® Corn Oil on each cob and lightly sprinkle all sides with sea salt. Wrap the foil tightly around each cob.
- Step 2) Preheat the grill to high heat and place all 6 corn cobs on the grill. Close lid and cook for 15–20 minutes or until the cobs can easily be pierced with a fork. Turn cobs often as they cook to prevent burning.
- Step 3) While the cobs are cooking, mix the Mexican cream ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Step 4) When the corn cobs have a crispy exterior, carefully remove the foil.
- Step 5) Lightly brush each corn cob with the Mexican cream sauce mixture and sprinkle additional chipotle chili powder, cotija cheese, fresh parsley, and fresh lime juice.
Recipe by Jesús Díaz of @chefyisus
This grilled corn tossed with mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and spices makes the perfect side dish. Jesús’s Mexican Street Corn recipe is super easy to make and even easier to enjoy.