Spicy Kettle Corn Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- To taste sea salt fine grind
- Step 1) Combine sugar and spices in a small bowl.
- Step 2) Place oil in a stove top popcorn popper. (Note: we strongly recommend a popper with an internal stirring mechanism. This will prevent the sugar from burning and evenly distribute the coating over all kernels.)
- Step 3) Heat over medium-high heat until oil is hot. Add popcorn and sugar spice mixture. Pop, stirring constantly (using the crank handle on the popper) until popcorn has all popped.
- Step 4) Pour into large serving bowl and salt to taste. Store any leftovers in a tightly closed container.
- Recipe Note: Not recommended to pop in a saucepan with a lid. If your popper doesn't hold a gallon of popped corn, cut the recipe in half.