Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas (approx. 2 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- As needed Mazola® Canola or Butter Flavored Cooking Spray
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
Whisk together egg, bananas, oil and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and stir until flour is moistened. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
Spray 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. A wooden pick inserted in the center should come out clean. Transfer loaf pan to a rack to cool for 10 minutes before turning out of pan. Serve warm or store in an air-tight container.
TIP: reserve 2 tablespoons of the walnuts and use to sprinkle on top before baking.