Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
12 snack size servings
- Cinnamon Chips
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Fruit Salsa
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh fruit - apples, strawberries and blueberries are especially good but use any combination
- 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut tortillas into 4 to 6 wedge shaped pieces; spread in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Lightly brush chips with oil. Combine cinnamon and sugar; save 2 teaspoons for the salsa. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over tortillas chips. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until chips are lightly browned and seem very dry. Cool chips on baking sheets (they'll become crisp as they cool).
- Place chopped fruit in a bowl. Cut orange in half. Peel one half and chop; add to bowl. Squeeze juice from remaining orange half and add to salsa. Add cinnamon sugar. Stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Recipe Tip: For extra orange flavor, grate the orange peel and add to the salsa.