Noodle Soup Recipe (Sopa de Fideos)
6 servings OR 6 cups
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 7 ounces Mexi can fideos (noodles)
- 6 cups water
- 1 Mazola® Sobrecitos™ Tomato Bouillon Packets with Chicken Flavor
- OR 2 teaspoons Mazola® Sobrecitos™ Tomato Flavor Bouillon Packets
- Step 1) Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add fideos and stir until golden brown.
- Step 2) Add water and bouillon. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes over low heat or until noodles are tender. Serve in medium bowl.
- Note: Fideos can be found in either the pasta section of the grocery store or the Latin food section. Replacement options are angel hair pasta and vermicelli.
- Whether the toasted pasta is inspired from its origins in Spain or Mexico, some variations of fideos include the following ingredients: Spanish chorizo, ham, chicken, turkey, lobster, corn, onions, garlic, tomatoes, spinach, carrots, cilantro, green onion, Mexican cream, or crumbled cheese.