Roasted Citrus Herb Turkey Recipe
16 (4 ounce) servings
4 hrs 20 mins
- 1 medium orange
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 medium lime
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt fine grind
- 1/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters
- 1 fresh OR frozen turkey breast thawed, about 6 to 7 pounds
- Step 1) Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Step 2) Finely grate the orange, lemon and lime; place freshly grated peel in a small bowl.
- Step 3) Cut the orange, lemon and lime in half. Set one half of each of the fruits aside. Squeeze the remaining halves of each fruit into the bowl with the grated peel. Add oil, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper to juice mixture and stir well.
- Step 4) Cut reserved fruit in half again. Place these chunks of fruit along with the onion quarters in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Place turkey on top.
- Step 5) Loosen skin with fingers and rub fruit juice and herb mixture under turkey skin and pour over top of turkey.
- Step 6) Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours. Remove foil and roast an additional 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 180℉.
- Step 7) Remove turkey from roasting pan and let rest 20 minutes before carving. Garnish serving platter with additional citrus fruit, if desired.