Grilled Avocado and Mango Salsa
- For the grilled avocado and mango:
- 4 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados, cut in half, pit removed
- 2 mangos (peeled, core removed, and sliced 1-inch thick lengthwise)
- For the paste:
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roasted or grilled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- For finishing the salsa:
- 3 tomatoes (chopped into ¼ inch cubes)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos (minced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped fine)
For the Grilled Avocado and Mango:
Place avocado and mango slices on a baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of mango and the fleshy side of the avocado with Mazola® Corn Oil. Sprinkle with salt.
Grill for 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and chop mango into ½ inch cubes. Remove peel from avocado and dice into ½ inch cubes. Set aside.
For the Paste:
Pour Mazola® Corn Oil, and lime juice into a molcajete. Then add in garlic cloves, half of roasted/grilled red bell pepper, and salt. Using the molcajete, grind the ingredients down to a pureed paste. Set aside.
For Finishing the Salsa:
In a bowl, mix tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, and cilantro together.
Then take the paste from the molcajete and pour it into the bowl over the ingredients. Mix to combine. Add in the chopped, grilled mango and avocado.
Lastly, place the ingredients back into the molcajete. Serve with chips or eat on top of tacos. Enjoy!
By Nicole Presley of presleyspantry.com