- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon of Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- ¼ cup of sliced green olives
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat Mazola® Corn Oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and green bell pepper to the skillet. Sauté them for a few minutes until they become softened and slightly translucent.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the ground chicken to the skillet, breaking it apart with a spatula. Cook the chicken until it is fully browned and cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the tomato paste, and sliced green olives to the skillet. Stir everything together.
- Season the mixture with ground cumin, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasonings to your taste preferences.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, cover the skillet, and let the picadillo simmer for about 10–15 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld together.
- While the picadillo is simmering, you can prepare your white rice.
- Serve the picadillo warm over the cooked white rice.
- Optionally, you can garnish with additional sliced green olives and fresh cilantro.
Recipe by Dalina Soto of @your.latina.nutritionist
Chicken Picadillo is a quick chicken recipe that everyone will love! The spiced and flavorful ground chicken mixture is the perfect dinner idea for a busy night.