Taco Fluffins Recipe
1 hr 20 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (OR substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for 1 cup all-purpose)
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope yeast, rapid or quick rise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups very warm water (120� to 130℉)
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/3 cup salsa, lightly drained (measure first
- 2 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- For Dipping (optional):
- Salsa: mild, medium or hot
- Step 1) Prepare ground beef with taco seasoning according to package directions. Set aside. Only about half the taco meat will be used. Refrigerate the remaining meat for another use.
- Step 2) Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in large mixer bowl. Add water and oil; beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Add remaining 1-1/4 cups flour, salsa and jalapenos and beat until well mixed. Beat in cheese. Dough will be stiff yet sticky. Cover bowl and let rest 10 minutes.
- Step 3) Portion about 2 tablespoons into 12 (2-1/2 inch) generously greased muffin cups using a scoop or two spoons (do not use paper liners).
- Step 4) Spoon a heaping tablespoon of taco meat on top. Cover taco meat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise 25 to 35 minutes. Dough will rise, but not double in size.
- Step 5) Bake in preheated 375℉ oven for 20 to 25 minutes until well browned. Let cool on wire rack for 2 minutes. Run a knife around each roll to remove from pan. Serve warm. If desired, serve with salsa for dipping. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Freezer Instructions: Completely cool fluffins and place in an airtight container to freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds and serve immediately.