Pasta with Vegetable Sauce Recipe
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta (such as elbow macaroni or small shells)
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced OR 2 cups packed spinach
- 1 jar ( to ounces) pasta sauce
- Step 1) Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Step 2) Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and zucchini and cook for 3 minutes. Add pasta sauce, reduce heat to low and cook another 5 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Step 3) Drain pasta and top with sauce.