Artisan Bread Pizza Margarita
- 1 loaf artisan bread such as ciabatta baguette OR French bread
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced /-inch thick
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 cup torn or thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400℉.
Slice bread in half lengthwise and place cut side up on a baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic in a small bowl. Brush cut surface of bread with oil while spreading garlic evenly over surface.
Distribute cheese slices and tomatoes evenly on bread. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn oven to broil and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese bubbles and melts.
Remove from oven and top with basil and Parmesan cheese. Cut and serve immediately.