Artisan Bread Pizza Margarita Recipe
- 1 loaf artisan bread such as ciabatta, baguette OR French bread
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced /-inch thick
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup torn or thinly sliced, fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Step 1) Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Step 2) Slice bread in half lengthwise and place cut side up on a baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic in a small bowl. Brush cut surface of bread with oil while spreading garlic evenly over surface.
- Step 3) Distribute cheese slices and tomatoes evenly on bread. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn oven to broil and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese bubbles and melts.
- Step 4) Remove from oven and top with basil and Parmesan cheese. Cut and serve immediately.