Thai Chile Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
1 hr 15 mins
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 1/2 cup finely minced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely minced celery
- 1 package (19 to 20 ounces) 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons sweet Thai chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy OR tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1/3 cup panko OR white bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons sweet Thai chile sauce, for glaze
- Cucumber Relish
- 1 medium cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- Step 1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Step 2) Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, mushrooms and celery; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Step 3) Combine egg, 3 tablespoons chile sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, panko, parsley and sautéed vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add turkey and mix until well combined; clean hands work best for this.
- Step 4) Place meatloaf mix into an 8-1/2 x 4-inch loaf pan OR mini-loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons chile sauce. Bake 45 to 50 minutes for large loaf, 20 to 25 minutes for small loaves. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Serve with cucumber relish.
- Cucumber Relish - Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; toss well and let sit 3 minutes for flavors to develop.