Herb Roasted Chicken
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
- 3 to 4 pound s whole chicken
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine oil and spices in a small bowl; set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken. Place in roasting pan. Gently pull chicken skin on breast away from the meat. Rub 1 to 2 teaspoons seasoned oil between chicken skin and meat. Rub remaining seasoned oil over chicken, coating it well.
- Roast for 75 to 90 minutes or until internal temperature of thickest part of thigh reaches 165°. Cover breast with foil the last 30 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning. Remove from oven; rest 5 minutes before slicing.