Mango Avocado Salad Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- Mango Avocado and Black Bean Salad
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 large ripe avocados, seeded
- 2 large mangoes, seeded
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped jicama, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Step 1) For the vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor; puree for 10 to 20 seconds or until mixture is well blended.
- Step 2) For the salad, divide torn lettuce leaves equally onto serving plates. Top lettuce with avocado, mango, onion and jicama. Drizzle 2 to 3 tablespoons dressing over each salad. Pour remaining vinaigrette into serving container or reserve for later use. Garnish salads with cilantro.
- Serving suggestion: Add cooked shrimp for a delicious main dish salad.